RE: 10g RAC without vendor clusterware

From: Marquez, Chris <CMarquez_at_aarp.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 01:03:51 -0500

Koen

I have zero experience with 10g RAC, but a I was talking to another DBA = who was looking in the same thing.
He believed that with a 3rd party clusterware, you would HAVE TO use = Oracle storage manager - ASM? which is *new* software/process AND you = don't get all of the other benefits that a modern Cluster Manager = would/might provide. You would/might loose NIC/IP failover, filesystem = failover, etc...all things the Oracle can live without but you = applications may not?

Take all of this with a grain of salt...and share what you find out.

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA
HEYMONitor=99 - heymonitor.com
"Oracle Monitoring & Alerting Solution"