Re: ASH droppings in bdump - 10.1.0.3 / win32

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 03:36:34 +0000

On 02/01/2005 10:06:13 PM, Paul Drake wrote:
> win32 - w2k server sp4
> Oracle 10g - 10.1.0.3.

>=20

> how much of a nuisance is hundreds of these trace files, when we're
> not yet using ASH?
> (haven't yet worked out the licensing issues).
>=20

> metalink turns up empty.
> sounds like a little re-create of a view with a substr( ) would fix
> this right up.
> so would turning off active session history.
>=20

> This is a bigger pain than the event log being filled with 2 lines per
> log file switch.

>=20
> Paul

Paul, I have good news for you! Oracle has new trace facility. The previous=  one, which
had to be controlled by EPC_DISABLED is now gone, but there is a new shiny = one, completely
impervious to EPC_DISABLED. It is controlled by parameter called trace_enab= led:

SQL> show parameter trace

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ ----------- --------------------------=
----
log_archive_trace                    integer     0
sql_trace                            boolean     FALSE
trace_enabled                        boolean     FALSE
tracefile_identifier                 string
SQL> If you are as mean as me and set it to false, you will deprive yourself of = a=20
pleasure of having hundreds of very detailed trace file in your directorie= s every
day. You are a good guy, you wouldn't want to do that, would you? --=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA