Re: how to monitor the progress of inserts

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:52:04 -0400

Hi Niall, yes I read, she said

"We are nserting large amonts of data in one session without commiting =
because of business reasons.=20
So, I'm wondering is there a way to monitor progress of this inserts?"

And I said
"Hi in 10g is automatic, In 9i I never tried but enablig monitoring to
the table, it will update statistics, of deletes and inserts, but maybe will need to comit.
If it not works you can try a t rigger updating a a temporary table, per statement, not per row."

what she needs are ideas, now I don't know if in that moment she is the only user using that table, for example, in that situation this could help, maybe not. I think to update statistics oracle needs to commit.

I'm only giving an idea, maybe this could help maybe not :)