RAC no more HA after upgrading to 9.2.0.6?

From: Magni Fabrizio <Fabrizio.Magni_at_rasnet.it>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:06:02 +0100

Hello,
after upgrading a two nodes RAC from 9.2.0.4 to 9.2.0.6 I got a surprise.
If a node don't see a link up on it's interconnect NIC than it doesn't give anymore service.

For example, in my environment, when unplugging the interconnect one node is evicted (rightly) but the other one, still up and running, doesn't respond anymore as long as the interconnect link is down. If I replug the cable the instance is back working again.

It means I cannot reboot one of the two nodes anymore since the other would stop working.
In previous RAC version the behaviour was different and RAC guaranteed high availability (sort of).

Is anyone experience the same issue?
Has anyone tried to unplug the crosscable or turn off the interconnect switch in a 9.2.0.6?
What's the result?

Any feedback is welcome.
Fabrizio