Disk Drives

From: Burton, Laura <BurtonL_at_frmaint.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:46:32 -0600

We have a new server which has two raid arrays and controllers. The disks on each controller look as if it is one. I read the info about having the system datafile on a different drive that the logs, data different from indexes. I have also read about having too many logical drives will hurt the response time. So in my scenario do I just have maybe 2 logical drives per unit? One per unit? Or does logical really hurt?

Thank you for your response and opinions.

Laura