Re: Advanced queueing

From: Chris Stephens <cstephens16_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:52:04 -0500

thanks! i was more looking for oracle's implementation of queueing not what a queue is. there is someone else that is supposed to be looking at msmq so if i don't do a good job of explaining Oracle's queueing capabilities, well, that's one more thing outside of the database.

from what i understand, the application this is for will be recieving xml files from client applications across the country for processing. the processing will take a significant amount of time so the clients will recieve a 'we got your stuff' message and the queue is meant to implement an order to the processing (there are several files submitted that need to be processed in a certain order)

myself and another person been asked to put on a little demo.

i was being a little sarcastic with the 'barely know how to spell queue' comment. :)