RE: View vs. Synonym (across DBLink)

From: Knight, Jon <jknight_at_concordefs.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:11:51 -0600

Sorry ... It was the DRIVING_SITE hint.

Jon Knight

-----Original Message-----

From: Joe Cooper [mailto:aregularjoe8_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 1:07 PM
To: jknight_at_concordefs.com; Oracle-L_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: View vs. Synonym (across DBLink)

That's great. But you didn't mention which solution worked (or, if you did, I lost it in the thread). Could you clue in the clueless (i.e. me!!), please!!??

Thanks,

Joe Cooper
Senior Oracle DBA
Highline Data
Austin, TX
"Knight, Jon" <jknight_at_concordefs.com> wrote: Thanks all (including those that replied to me directly). Execution time dropped from 18:24 to 01:26, which is acceptable now.

Thanks,
Jon Knight
Senior Database Analyst
2525 Horizon Lake Drive, Suite 120
Memphis, TN 38133
JKnight_at_concordefs.com

901.371.8000 - Phone
800.238.7675 - Phone
901.380.8336 - Fax
www.FirstData.com

First Data's merger with Concord creates "One Company" with enhanced choice, voice and innovation for all customers.