RE: View vs. Synonym (across DBLink)

From: Parker, Matthew <matthewp_at_amazon.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:31:22 -0800

Explain the query and look at the "other" column in the plan_table for = the query being executed across the db_link. It will show you in most = cases the query that is being used across the db_link. You can then = determine if Oracle is misinterpreting the view and not passes the where = clause components against that object to the other remote database.