Re: Tool to view archivelog contents

From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:11:08 +0000

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:02:45 +0200, Nicolai Tufar <ntufar_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
> I am not sure if it was discussed before but I would
> like to ask if there is a way to see the inside of
> archivelog files without shutting down the database.

If you're talking about archive logs and not online logs (which Oracle is trying to update) then you should be able to use LogMiner to view the contents with no problems with the database up.

If you're suddenly generating lots of extra redo then the first thing that comes to mind is to check that your datafiles aren't in backup mode.

Stephen