Re: Recently changed table

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 03:55:28 +0000

On 01/30/2005 10:01:34 PM, Kean Jacinta wrote:
> Hello,

>=20

> I need to know , in oracle - Is there a way i can
> determine those recently changed table at a given time
> ?

If by "changed tables" you mean DML, auditing will to that for you. Command=  goes like this:

SQL> audit all on scott.emp by access;

Audit succeeded.

SQL> If the meaning of "changed tables" is "DDL was used against the table", you=  have LAST_DDL column in DBA_OBJECTS.=20

If you want to see who changed what, with the original value, new value, ma= chine, and the precise time,
as well as business meaning of the changes, you'll have to resort to databa= se triggers.

>=20

> Or Is there any tools or command i can use to do that.
>=20
> Please guide

Kean, for guidance please look for Mr. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi or Mr. Ford Pr= efect.
Either of them can provide adequate guidance. I suspect that Maharishi migh= t be=20
easier to find. However, the most important rule is: "don't panic". That is=  your=20
guidance for tonight.

> Thanx in advance

You are welcome.

--=20