Re: Oracle Client for the Linux

From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:03:18 +0000

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:49:21 -0500, Subbiah, Nagarajan <Nagarajan.Subbiah_at_aetn.com> wrote:
> There are 3 files for the linux DB server. But there is no separate client
> CD. Do I have to download all?

As I recall, yes. 9i the client can be installed from the server disks and availability of a separate client CD was pretty much non-existant for non-Windows platforms.

Under 10g I was suprised to discover when I tested it recently that there didn't seem tobe a way to install just the client fromt he server CD (if you installed the database then you got the client with it but you couldn't install just the client). If there's a way i didn't find it.

Stephen