RE: "Too Many Declarations" Error

From: david wendelken <davewendelken_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:26:35 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

The person who wrote this error message was an idiot.

The error actually means:

"I could not find the function or procedure. I looked for one with the same name and the same number and datatype of parameters and did not find a match."

Check the call to the decode function, you'll almost certainly find that it has the wrong number of parameters or they have the wrong datatypes.