RE: Yet another tool for Command_line_history for Linux DBA

From: Branimir Petrovic <BranimirP_at_cpas.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:52:15 -0500

There indeed is a trick to this.

Using regedit go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ContentIndex

change the value of key:	FilterFilesWithUnknownExtensions
					(of Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value))

From: 				0 (default)

Reboot (as usual - won't work without reboot;-), and from that point on all of a sudden your XP will dare going inside other files as well (other than prescribed *.txt and *.html that is) to search for matches...

Branimir