Re: AD Authentication - Oracle on Unix/Linux

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 07:30:36 +0000

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:50:41 -0800, Lyndon Tiu <ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is this possible, to have AD authentication on Oracle running on Unix/Linux?
>
> I know it works with Oracle on Windows but how about on other platforms?

I believe that your options are to either

  1. Install OID and configure it to obtain authentication information from AD.
  2. Use AD as an LDAP directory and just use LDAP queries to authenticate.

Option 1 doesn't work in 9i (that is you can have v9 clients but the OID version itself has to be 10)

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA