Re: dba job security - even better if you're also the sysadmin

From: mhthomas <qnxodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:45:32 -0500

Hi,

  1. If you check here: http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10g.shtml#ShutdownOfOtherOracle10gBackgroundProcesses the same command is available. But, I admit having to search and find the same Metalink document. I agree with you.
  2. This is no-where near as bad, in my opinion, as Standard Edition without the EM packs (EE, extra price option?). Yet, its great for our consulting businesses, Oracle telling customers they can run Standard Edition, without the EM packs, and without a DBA. ;-)
  3. Almost forgot, some of the patches for 10g 10.1.0.3 are similarly entertaining. :-)

Regards,

Mike Thomas