RE: Thumbs Up on Compression

From: Post, David (Corporate) <Dave.Post_at_Staples.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:42:47 -0500

These are much larger changes in results then I experienced with table compression with no indexes. The compression ratio measured in blocks was also 50%. But the run time difference was minimal. At the time I my thought was that logical IO was slower on compressed tables because of the symbol table lookups for compressed columns and rebuilding each row.