anyone else get this?

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:17:38 +0000

this is the only place i use this email.... looks like they got a new twist on the old nigerian scam.
From: KALILA TARIQ <hashimi_at_myownemail.com> To: ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net
Subject: WIDOW'S HELP FROM IRAQ
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:06:50 +0000

Dear
I got your email address from the internet and please do not feel bad about this message more especially as i am from Iraq. My names are Kalila Hashimi Tariq,a widow of Al-Hakim Tariq, former senior manager of the Iraqi State Oil Organisation in charge of the United Nations Oil-For-Food Programme.
My Husband and our three children was killed in the U.S. led military campaign during this crises period. All we ever worked and lived for was destroyed. I am left alone now with my 8 years old little girl.
Before the invasion, he disclosed to me that he had funds totalling Twenty Seven Million United States Dollars securely lodged in a security company here in Iraq. I have the deposit certificate which states that the consignments contains PRICESLESS FAMILY VALUABLES, and that an agreement was reached between them for a possible change of beneficiary's status. Now,the United nation has started investigating the oil for food programme and a stand a chance of losing everything should they discover that my husband deposit such amount.Now i have made arrangement with the security company here to move the consignment to europe through diplomatic means.They have agreed to do this but i need a reliable and responsible person to recieve the deposit from the diplomat in Europe. I cannot travel now because of security problem and they have agreed that i can choose any reliable person as my beneficiary to claim the deposit on my behalf. And this is why i need your assistance. I ask you in the name of Allah the merciful, to help salvage the situation for me and my little girl and help us claim the consignments and deposit the content in account. I am also willing to give to you an agreed percentage from the total fund. The rest will be more than enough for me and my daughter. I chose to contact you in strict confidence and out of inspiration, believing that you will not betray me when you clear the consignment. All I require from you is honesty and transparency. Presently, I believe am under surveillance by United nations security agencies here and can only reach you via email. However, your nationality does not matter in this business. Please show transparency. I will expect your Urgent response. May Allah be with you. kalila Tariq

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jan 26 2005 - 11:20:08 CST