Duplicate DBIDs

From: Schauss, Peter <peter.schauss_at_ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:11:49 -0500

We have had a practice at our site of creating development and staging databases by copying a cold backup to another system. We then edit the output from "backup controlfile to trace" to rename the =

database and relocate the data files and restart the database with the resulting script. This means that a number of our databases, mostly on different machines, have the same DBID. So far this has not caused us any problems. Are we running any risks here?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss