Re: [Potential Spam] Re: audit suggestion

From: <KATHERINE_KAYLOR_at_rsausa.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:10:20 -0500

Your right, I did not intend to launch a political debate, but was interested to see if anyone else had ever had to deal with such an audit finding as it was a first for me. Usually, suggestions are stuff you find in Oracle security books, papers, that you would normally expect. The downside is I'll probably have to go along with the auditor's recommendations too. Just was curious to see what other DBA's thought of the recommendation.
Thanks for all the feedback. Most appreciated.

Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_allegientsystems.com> 01/24/2005 02:13 PM

DGoulet_at_vicr.com
cc
jkstill_at_gmail.com, KATHERINE_KAYLOR_at_rsausa.com, oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject

Goulet, Dick wrote:

> What happen at Enron/WorldCom was not the
>norm, therefore not controllable under SarBox. In the end the folks who
>want to cook the books can, just those under them get to take out the
>trash, in prison that is.

This is politics. I resemble that. This mailing list deserves gooder topics then politics. I don't want to misunderestimate anybody, but this group is an oracle group, not a platform for political debate.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

The following message has been automatically added by the Internet mail
gateway
to comply with Royal & SunAlliance IT Security Policy.

"This e-Mail has arrived via the Internet and, therefore, you should be
cautious
about its origin and content.  Replies which contain sensitive information
or
legal/contractual obligations are particularly vulnerable.  In these cases
you should
not reply unless you are authorized to do so."

If you have any questions, please speak to your local desktop support team
or IT
security contact.

Notice of Confidentiality

This transmission (including attachments) contains information that
may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. Unless
you are the intended recipient of the message (or authorized to receive
it for the intended recipient) you may not copy, forward, or otherwise
use it, or disclose it or its contents to anyone. If you received this
transmission in error please notify us immediately, permanently delete
the transmission(including attachments) from your system, and destroy
all hard copies.  Thank you.

Email: security_usa_at_rsausa.com