Re: Sorbanes Oxley for dummies? -- more questions

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:26:26 -0500 (EST)

At 03:30 AM Saturday, Jared Still wrote:

>A good free one can be found at http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/

I'll evaluate PasswordSafe and any other such utilities and even suggest that to my IT Security and see if they want to recommend it to the rest of the IT groups.

>Auditors require personal accountability, which requires personal accounts.

That would then include Auditing every action by these accounts.

> Ours identified critical systems, and those are the systems that are
> audited.

Yes, I would expect that too. However, somewhere along the line we have got the impression that implementation of controls has to be the same across all systems.

>We apply most of our security controls
>unilaterally, but do not test them, or remediate them.

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital