Setting extent size for locally managed TEMP tablespace

From: Jaeger David - Grand Rapids <David.Jaeger_at_Kohler.Com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:42:46 -0600

Hello,
I'm an oracle-l newbie DBA. I just switched my database over to a locally managed temporary tablespace and apparently set the extent size incorrectly. We have been getting an ORA-3232 error. Metalink tells me that I need to set the initial and next extent size of the temporary tablespace equal to or greater than MAX_IO_SIZE. We run Solaris 6.2 and do not know how to tell what is the MAX_IO_SIZE for this OS. Any help on this issues would be much appreciated.

Thank You,
David Jaeger
Baker Infrastructure Group
david.jaeger_at_kohler.com