Re: _shared_pool_reserved_min_alloc must be between 4000 and 0 in oracle 10G

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:19:23 +0000

On 01/24/2005 06:51:22 AM, John Dunn wrote:
> I am attempting to use automatic shared memory management in oracle
> 10G, but
> having set the sga_target value and attempted to bounce the database =20
> get
> the error

>=20

> ORA-00093: _shared_pool_reserved_min_alloc must be between 4000 and 0
>=20

> when I try to startup

>=20
> If I try to set this value, it then says the parameter is obsolete!.

Set shared_pool_size. If I remember correctly, reserved allocation is =20 1% of the entire shared pool. Other then that, you should specify the =20 platform and exact version of oracle. All platforms are equal, but some =20 are more equal then the others. Win2k is notorious for having problems =20 with shared memory, primarily because the platform doesn't support it =20 as such.

--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA