Re: Migrate 200 gig db from NT to Linux - the continuing Saga!

From: zhu chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:56:50 +0800

Actually I tested oracle 8i on linux/windows. I created a database on windows, and scp the whole database to linux, and recreated the controlfile, changed the file path.
And startup nomount, create controlfile, alter database open. It does work. But officially oracle does not support it.

Regards

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:50:59 -0500, Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net> wrote:
> Howard,
> If you're talking about the same underlying hardware architecture, then
> yes, you're talking the same endianness. Endianness is a function of
> hardware architecture, not OS.
>
> -Mark
>
> On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 04:42, Howard Latham wrote:
>
> > It appears I may or may not need to do a convert using RMAN in 10g=20
> > It appears that LINUX and NT have the same endianness so I can use
> > tranportable table spaces to move - Does anyone have any experience of
> > this?
> >
> > Howard
> > --

> Mark J. Bobak
> mark_at_bobak.net
> "Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." --Richard P.
> Feynman

Regards
Zhu Chao
www.cnoug.org