Question about 10g EM Repository

From: mhthomas <qnxodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:37:10 -0500

Hi,

I restored (rman, inconsistent) a 10.1.0.3 DB to a new LINUX RHEL3ASU2 host, and I had problems with the standalone EM Repository. Basically, the original 'host.domain' was still in the repository and I could not find a way to reconfigure it to the new 'host.domain'. Therefore, my standalone EM Repository was inaccessible and unusable on the restored host. I could not connect, nor login because my request kept going to the wrong host. Not so unbreakable, me thinks ;-).

FYI: The error after running DBCA and configuring the new instance was I now had the wrong host (1-new, 1-old), wrong listeners (1-new, 1-old) shown under Preferred Credentials.

This raises a couple issues:
1) Is there a way to dump/print/report all your 'personalized' EM settings? 2) If you can dump all your EM settings, can you modify and reload the dump? a.k.a. Is there any way to backup/restore/configure 10g EM Repository settings? 3) If you can reload/restore your EM Repository settings, which setting are configurable and which settings are not configurable in the user interface?

Sorry if this is an easy RTFM manual, as I've not read all the EM docs for 10g yet. My workaround was to drop the standalone repository and reload/reconfigure. E.g.

$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/admin/emdrep/bin $ ./RepManager r3as2-72.dbata.com 1521 orcl -action drop ... answer the questions ...

$ emca
> Listener: 1521
> SID: orcl
> Service: orcl

... answer more questions ...
(Note: In second session do: $ emctl stop dbconsole )
> Ready? Enter

$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/install
$ cat portlist.ini
http://r3as2-72.dbata.com:5501/em/console/aboutApplication

Now standalone EM Repository working... :-) But, I have to reconfigure everything from scratch/memory/notes... :-(

Regards,

Mike Thomas