RE: Question re range partioning tables

From: Hostetter, Jay M <JHostetter_at_decommunications.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:39:22 -0500

You need to add new partitions and drop old ones as time moves on. Oracle can't just suddenly shift rows from one partition to another just because the system clock has advanced to the next day. We have a table that is partitioned into months. At the end of each month, we drop the oldest partition, then add the partition for the next month.

Jay