RE: ANSI Joins

From: Bill Coulam <bill.coulam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:44:14 -0600

I found this side-by-side a concise little primer. http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/9i/ANSIISOSQLSupport.php

And Mr. King's presentations have been quite good in past RMOUG Training Days events. I haven't seen this one personally, though: http://www.kingtraining.com/downloads/Oracle9iJoin_paper.pdf

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Mladen Gogala Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 12:45 PM To: 'Oracle-L (E-mail)'
Subject: ANSI Joins

My developers are starting to use ANSI joins in vain hope that they will make their apps portable
across databases. I have a positive attitude toward ANSI joins: I hate those verbose extensions
that make SQL statements lengthy and unreadable. What is the opinion of other people about ANSI joins?
What is the @#$%! allure of those things? Where did they learn it from? Is there any readable document
that explains ANSI joins for dummies?

--

Mladen Gogala