RE: Linux RAC and asynch io/IO slaves

From: Parker, Matthew <matthewp_at_amazon.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:09:13 -0800

 ae_debug_util;

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org =
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ron Rogers Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 11:04 AM
To: thump_at_cosmiccooler.org
Cc: cmarquez_at_aarp.org; Parker, Matthew; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Linux RAC and asynch io/IO slaves

Chris,
 I found this white paper from metalink to be helpful.

Asynchronous I/O (aio) on RedHat Advanced Server=20 Version 2.1 - 3.0 (Note:225751.1)

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_da= tabase_id=3DNOT&p_id=3D225751.1

Ron

>>> "David" <thump_at_cosmiccooler.org> 01/14/2005 1:05:03 PM >>>
Everything I have read advocates aio on RHAS 3.0.

I have heard also it can cause crashes and corruption, but found no meat = to that statement no open bugs for 9205/9206 on rhas 3.0 Anyone with any = hard facts as to real issues or successes? Anyone done an IO slave implementation in Linux/RAC? IO slaves in many ways are more robust and multi purpose than asych IO = functionality...but I'm wondering how that performs with RAC.

Yes, I would and will test either or both before consideration with = prod, but looking for others insights if they have been down the road.

--
..
David

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l