RE: Curioser and Curiouser

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:13:05 -0600

When I was at Oracle, many, many customers would ask me "privately" which platform really is the best for running Oracle. The honest answer was that I've seen Oracle run really well on just about every platform there is, and I've seen Oracle run really poorly on just about every platform there is. The number one ingredient in the performance of Oracle is whether there's a PERSON in the system who has the will and the skill to make it run efficiently. If you have that, you can run Oracle on anything.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
* Nullius in verba *

Upcoming events:

- Performance Diagnosis 101: 2/23 Houston, 3/16 Salt Lake City
- SQL Optimization 101: 2/7 Dallas
- Hotsos Symposium 2005: March 6-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...