RE: Open source/freeware stress testing tools?

From: Thomas Jeff <jeff.thomas_at_thomson.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:42:07 -0500

Thanks for the URLs. =20

The testing I'm performing is a comparision of JFS/AIO with JFS2 mounted with the CIO option
on AIX 5.2 against Oracle 9.2.0.4. =20

My idea was to test various scenarios, OLTP, BATCH, and QUERY. The linxcel tool has exactly=20
what I want with respect to test options, however, the TPS numbers it is generating are out of=20
whack. For example, it gives me a TPS of 1.3 for a batch run consisting of 200 serial sessions,=20
each inserting 50000 rows. Actual runtime was 3 minutes 13 seconds.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Thomas Jeff Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 1:52 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Open source/freeware stress testing tools?

Does anyone know of any URL(s) for open source/freeware stress test tools? Googling, I came up with this: =20

http://www.linxcel.co.uk/orabm/

I'm giving this one a whirl, but I'd like to try others, if any exist.

Thanks.

Jeffery D Thomas
DBA
Thomson Information Services
Thomson, Inc.

Email: jeff.thomas_at_thomson.net

Indy DBA Master Documentation available at: http://gkmqp.tce.com/tis_dba

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended=20
to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the=20
intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution=20
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone (877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jan 12 2005 - 08:43:23 CST