Oracle Change Data Capture????

From: Loughmiller, Greg <greg.loughmiller_at_cingular.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:52:26 -0500

Hey folks,

Has anyone got any experience in using the Oracle Change Data Capture "tool" in a 9205 Database? This specific database in question is a highly transactional OLTP environment. And we have a reporting development team wanting to use the CDC tool on this specific database to extract "deltas" for the data warehouse (different RDBMS..)

We "researched" this middle of 2004, and tended to not agree with how Oracle implemented this due to the use of the JVM, the use of triggers, and how the data would need to be "purged" from the CDC tables. Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm sure this isn't a new problem to solve and am curious how others may have approached the topic as well..

Thanks in advance

Greg Loughmiller