Re: Foreign Key Constraint ...

From: Peter Robson <peter.robson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:08:42 +0000

Er, lets all just answer the question, here:

> Can we have a foreign key column in tableB that points to a primary > key in tableA, but the foreign key is only enforced if the foreign key > value is greater than 1000?

And the answer is a categoric and absolute NO. As already suggested, there is most certainly a design problem lurking in here somewhere.

Oh yes, and never use triggers to enforce data model integrity unless you are hanging off a cliff with one finger and there is absolutely NO alternative..... grin!

peter
edinburgh