RE: Dependency tree of packages/procedures and functions

From: Jesper Haure Norrevang <>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:47:40 +0100

Fortunately Oracle maintains a dependency list. Thus if you e.g. change a table
definition, Oracle knows which objects
to invalidate.

You can see the list it in DBA_DEPENDENCIES.

DESCRIBE dba_dependencies

 ----------------------------------------- --------
 OWNER                                     NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
 NAME                                      NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
 TYPE                                               VARCHAR2(17)
 REFERENCED_OWNER                                   VARCHAR2(30)
 REFERENCED_NAME                                    VARCHAR2(64)
 REFERENCED_TYPE                                    VARCHAR2(17)
 REFERENCED_LINK_NAME                               VARCHAR2(128)
 DEPENDENCY_TYPE                                    VARCHAR2(4)

Hope this helps.

Jesper Haure Norrevang