Dependency tree of packages/procedures and functions

From: Leonard, George <>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:34:52 +0200

Hi all

Hope you can help.

As with all big projects our developers forgot to listen to us when we asked them to keep a dependency tree what calls what.

Now we are busy going into pre-prod etc and get asked to move Package A, doing this nicely goes and breaks half the world down the line,

I would like to run something against the database (packages, procedures and functions) to generate a dependency list.

Any ideas what is out there that can do this (freeware prepared), any output acceptable.

George Leonard
Oracle Database Administrator
New Dawn Technologies @ Wesbank

You Have The Obligation to Inform One Honestly of the risk, And As a Person
You Are Committed to Educate Yourself to the Total Risk In Any Activity! Once Informed & Totally Aware of the Risk, Every Fool Has the Right to Kill or Injure Themselves as They See Fit!

The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of = the author and not those
of the FirstRand Banking Group an Authorised Financial Service Provider o= r its management.
The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for=
=20the addressee.

Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribut= ion or any action taken or=20
omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrit= y of information and data=20
transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, n= o liability or=20
responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for what= ever reason, corrupted=20
or does not reach its intended destination.