RE: Oracle Data Report to Excel Spreadsheet

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:16:34 -0500

Sanjay,

A very simple way of doing this is to create a tab delimited report (chr(9) between each column) and spool a .xls data file within SqlPlus. This creates and excel-like file that can be opened directly by Excel.

I do this all the time and it works fine. It's not fancy, but it always works.

Good Luck.

Tom