RE: Verify Piipe Exists

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:28:37 -0500

Ruth,

        Only if your connected as the same user.=20

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Freeman, Donald Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 12:47 PM
To: Oracle-L (E-mail)
Subject: Verify Piipe Exists

I am trying to install a vendor application with an Oracle repository =
=3D

and not making much progress. The install has failed and the cleanup =
=3D

requires that the pipe be purged and removed or the database be bounced.
=3D

I've been through this four times since Friday afternoon. I can't find
=3D

any way to view whether or not a pipe exists. I know its not a =3D conventional database object and that its some sort of memory structure.
=3D

 Is there a way to do this? Where do I look?

This is what they gave me to remove the pipe.

declare ret number;=3D20
begin=3D20
dbms_pipe.purge('usernamePIPE_MASTER');=3D20 ret:=3D3Ddbms_pipe.remove_pipe(user||'pipe_master1');=3D20 end;=3D20

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Pennsylvania Dept of Health
Bureau of Information Technology