Schema Design for Surveys

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:40:56 +0000

We have a requirement for a system that will record answers to more than one survey. Each survey will consist of a number of questions with responses that can be

multiple choice (eg pick up to 3 preferences from 8) text
numeric - single answer

How would people go

one question table, one wide response table one question table, multiple response tables varying on type of response some other construct.

This is an internal discussion that we are having here that interests me (and I do have a preference) and I'd be interested to see what folk think.
--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jan 10 2005 - 11:40:36 CST