Hierarchical table design, child has multiple parent

From: <sanjay.khangarot_at_wipro.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:55:20 +0530

Hello All,
I wanted to create a schema in which Parent child relationship needs to be maintained where a child can have multiple parents. Like addition of ingredients to create a final product, where the ingredients are the parents and resultant product is the child. How should I go to store this kind of data? My requirment also includes to explode this structure and should be able to reach up to the top most parent in the heirarchy? If anyone has any reference, from where I can pick this information please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

sanjay

Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin_at_wipro.com immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.