RMAN/DG - delete *ONLY* archive logs "already shipped to the standby DataGuard database"?

From: Marquez, Chris <CMarquez_at_aarp.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:08:39 -0500

Hi All,

My Oracle-DB is Oracle 9205.

We use RMAN to backup databases and archive logs. Once archive logs are backed up we also use RMAN to delete them.=20 We implement standby using DataGuard.=20 Sometimes RMAN backs up archive logs and deletes them before DataGuard ships the archive logs to stand by site.

Is there any way I can instruct RMAN to backup all the archive logs=20 BUT delete *ONLY* archive logs "already shipped to the standby DataGuard database".

Notice that I did not say delete logs older than "n" time/date...no, I want to delete logs shipped not matter what the date/time is.

Thanks in advance.

PS Please respond directly to me as well as to the list.

Chris
Oracle DBA
HEYMONitor(tm) - heymonitor.com
"Oracle Monitoring & Alerting Solution"