Re: what's mean of "enqueue hash chains" latch?

From: eygle <oracle.unix_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 11:02:28 +0800

Thanks Pete;

In fact ,at that moment ,only the operation is excute in databasee. So ,no often commit ,from statspack report:

user calls                                     914          1.1        914.0
user commits                                     1          0.0          1.0

And the logfile is big enough,from statspack report:
                                                                    Avg
                                                     Total Wait    wait  Waits
Event                               Waits   Timeouts  Time (cs)    (ms)   /txn
---------------------------- ------------ ---------- ----------- ------ ------
PX Deq Credit: send blkd            1,564      1,564     320,620   2050 ######
PX Deq: Execute Reply                 391        391      80,155   2050  391.0
latch free                          7,537      7,537      16,303     22 ######
control file parallel write           258          0         669     26  258.0
db file sequential read               505          0         132      3  505.0
log file sync                           1          0           9     90    1.0
log file parallel write                 4          0           8     20    4.0

and

DBWR buffers scanned                             0          0.0          0.0
DBWR checkpoint buffers written                  0          0.0          0.0
DBWR checkpoints                                 0          0.0          0.0
DBWR free buffers found                          0          0.0          0.0

I am agree that we may need to increase freelists for parallel operation,but at that monment,we have no "Buffer wait Statistics" output from statspack.

thanks for you info,it's useful to me.

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 17:01:13 -0000, Peter.Hitchman_at_thomson.com <Peter.Hitchman_at_thomson.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> From MetaLink:-
>
> "dml lock allocation
> This latch protects the list of State Objects (dml locks). Every time a
> transaction modifies a table, a DML lock is gotten and released when the
> change is committed. The number of State Objects for dml locks is
> determined by
> the init.ora <Parameter:DML_LOCKS>".
>
> So I would be looking at how often you commit.
> Also what sort of turn over are you getting on the online redo logs? It
> may well be that they are too small.
> You may want to investigate having multiple freelists for the table you
> are inserting into, having many parallel
> inserts (assuming you have enabled parallel DML), may well be causing a
> lot of contention for the header block at
> the start of the segment.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Pete

eygle from China.