Re: 2 Node RAC Standby -- A mix of Managed Recovery and Read only?

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:11:07 +0100 (CET)

> Why you want to configure your standby databases in RAC?
> 2 independent standby databases may be better.

Kamus,

I think there is not just a 'better' or 'right' solution. It all depends on a carefull tradeoff between possible solutions and budget after a one performed a careful investigation of possible risks to cover.

When business requires continuation on the standby site without performance loss, and RAC is the solution to provide that performance, having RAC on the standby site might be the way to go.

When the database is multi-TB, 2 independent standby databases might not be feasible due to the budget available for storage. Judgement on the quality of the solution, based on the data available, simply isn't possible.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===