Re[2]: About standby redo logs

From: Kamus <kamusis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 01:57:56 +0800

Thanks for ur reply.
I think ur right, because I've saw a standby redologfile switch after I post that messege.
I think if new redo data recieved before the last standby redologfile finished to be archived, then the next standby redolog will be used.

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:54:52 +0100
Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Kamus,
> Oracle documents that one needs at least the # of redo log groups on the
> primary + 1 on the standby, when standby redologs are used. I never saw
> a logswitch happen to another standby redologfile than the one
> previously used, so your observation is quite normal, though somewhat
> unexpected regarding the documented requirements. DG always seems to
> reuse the same logfile. I guess it has to do with the speed of the ARCH
> on the standby. I need to investigate this further if I get a chance on
> a testsystem, before I can get more conclusive on this.
>
> Because normally DG-configurations have real HA requirements (if not,
> why was DG implemented), I tend to stay on the safe side and follow the
> Oracle docs. It's a little bit CYA, I admit, so be it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Carel-Jan Engel
>
> ===
> If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok)
> ===
>
> Upcoming appearances:
>
> * Jan 27, 2005: London, UKOUG Unix SIG: Data Guard Best Practices
> * Feb 9-10, 2005: Denver, RMOUG Training Days: Data Guard
> Performance Issues
> * Mar 6-10, 2005: Dallas, Hotsos Symposium: Data Guard Performance
> Issues
>

> On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 15:33, Kamus wrote:
>
> > I create 4 standby redo log groups, and use LGWR in primary site to
> > transfer redo data, all are good.
> > But when I query the V$STANDBY_LOG view,
> > I found that only the status column of GROUP# 4(the first group of my
> > standby redo logs) value is "ACTIVE" while all the others(5-7) are
> > "UNASSIGNED".
> > also, only GROUP# 4's sequence# is a value greate than 0
> > and THREAD# is 1, all others are 0 and 0.
> >
> > Any explains.
>

> *

Kamus <kamusis_at_gmail.com>

那么多1G的邮箱,我能用来干什么:-)
A Oracle8i & 9i Certified DBA from China