RE: How to identify large transactions

From: John Dunn <jdunn_at_sefas.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:16:23 -0000

The problem seems to be a large delete generating lots of redo/rollback.

I presume that several smaller deletes based upon a column in the table will require less rollback segment space?

e.g

begin

 delete from table whee column <= 100000;  commit;
 delete from table whee column > 100000 and column < 200000;  commit;

etc

The table has a primary index, which I suppose if also not helping with the rollback space.