RE: Database Schematic

From: Hitchman, Peter <Peter.Hitchman_at_thomson.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:24:50 -0000

Hi,
In short you need a tool like Designer 2000 to do this, which will "reverse engineer" your database and then present you with a set of object definitions in its own repository, that you can then use to produce diagrammes. Designer 2000 is essentially a dead product, JDesigner is taking over, but I have no idea if JDesigner has these capabilities. But there are other products out there, like ERWin, that do this kind of thing. Another issue can be the support for the database features you are using, for instance Designer 2000 does not support hash partitioned or composite partitioned or list partitioned tables.

Regards

Pete.