RE: [Q] How to create second schema under a user account?

From: Lex de Haan <lex.de.haan_at_naturaljoin.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:33:26 +0100

yep -- Oracle does support the ANSI/ISO standard CREATE SCHEMA command, but it *fails* if the schema name does not correspond with the name of an existing database user...

Lex.

Tom Kyte Seminar: http://www.naturaljoin.nl/events/seminars.html

From: dba1 mcc [mailto:mccdba1_at_yahoo.com]=20 Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 4:08 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: [Q] How to create second schema under a user account?

We have ORACLE 9.2.0.6 on UNIX server. I know ORACLE support multiple schemas under a user account. Does any know how to do following and give me a sample:

  1. create second schema under a user
  2. create table or view under second schema
  3. switch between schemas

Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around=20 http://mail.yahoo.com=20