Re: Resolving TTS issues

From: Bryan Wells <bunjibry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:10:37 -0700

I want to be sure I understand, and get mentored in the right direction: in my example below, I would need to move table BASE.ITEM_COST into BASE_ORDERS_IX or tablespace BASE_XL1 into the TTS set?

Ive done this check with both scenarios and moving BASE_XL1 into the set would cause 32 new violations.

SQL> select * from sys.transport_set_violations;

VIOLATIONS

Index BASE.IX_ITEM_COST_PK in tablespace BASE_ORDERS_IX enforces primary constri ants of table BASE.ITEM_COST in tablespace BASE_XL1

SQL> Tablespaces contained in the current set:

'BASE_ORDERS_FY02',
'BASE_ORDERS_FY03',
'BASE_ORDERS_FY04',
'BASE_ORDERS_FY05',
'BASE_ORDERS_FY06',
'BASE_ORDERS_IX',
'BASE_ORDERS_IX_FY02',
'BASE_ORDERS_IX_FY03',
'BASE_ORDERS_IX_FY04',
'BASE_ORDERS_IX_FY05',
'BASE_ORDERS_IX_FY06',
'BASE_INVOICES_FY00',
'BASE_INVOICES_FY01',
'BASE_INVOICES_FY02',
'BASE_INVOICES_FY03',
'BASE_INVOICES_FY04',
'BASE_INVOICES_FY05',
'BASE_INVOICES_IX_FY00',
'BASE_INVOICES_IX_FY01',
'BASE_INVOICES_IX_FY02',
'BASE_INVOICES_IX_FY03',
'BASE_INVOICES_IX_FY04',
'BASE_INVOICES_IX_FY05',
'BASE_INVOICES_IX_GLOBAL'

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 20:17:32 -0700, Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com> wrote:
> Bryan,
>
> Search the Oracle9i online documentation at
> "http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.homepage" for the phrase
> "transport_set_violations". One of the links returned will refer to the
> "Administrator's Guide" and a section on "Pick a Self-Contained Set of
> Tablespaces" at
> "http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/tspaces
> .htm#8927".
>
> The basic idea is that every table in the tablespaces that you are
> transporting, as well as any indexes or partitions related to those tables,
> have to be "contained" within the set of tablespaces you are transporting.
> You have a choice -- either move the things that are "dangling" within the
> set, or enlarge the set. The table TRANSPORT_SET_VIOLATIONS tells you what
> is "dangling".
>
> Visualize a roller-coaster ride: please keep all arms, legs, and other body
> parts inside the cab. Anything "dangling", not "self-contained", might just
> end up becoming "separated" during the ride, which means that the owner will
> not be good for much when the ride is over.
>
> Hope this helps...
>
> -Tim
>

> on 12/23/04 1:38 PM, Bryan Wells at bunjibry_at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Ive used the sys.dbms_tts.transport_set_check and SELECT * FROM
> > SYS.TRANSPORT_SET_VIOLATIONS to identify issues in my transportable
> > set. however, im not sure how to resolve the issues. Ive inherited
> > this datawarehouse so im learning by fire the ways of the DBA. how to
> > I get something to be contained, like an index, in the transportable
> > set? rebuild the index as it has been a part of the partitioned table
> > since it began?
> >
> > --
> > Bryan S Wells - DBA Newbie
> > bunjibry_at_gmail.com