B-Tree to Partitioned index

From: aj wells <awellsdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:03:46 -0600

Is there anyway to move from a "normal" b-tree index to a locally partitioned index online without having to to a rebuild?

We have fairly large databases (15 TB for the one that we are concerned with now) and we need to get one of the highest hitting indexes rebuilt into a partitioned index, but we have no way to do that elegantly when we are dumping nearly 50 GB an hour into the database 24 hours a day.

Suggestions? Docs are not OVERLY helpful here...

Thanks
aj