User "vanishes" from pwd-file after "create controlfile command"

From: Daiminger, Helmut <HELMUT.DAIMINGER_at_wwk.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:32:34 +0100

Hi!

I just encountered a strange phenomenon: on all our instances, we have a user called "ADMRMAN" that is used for RMAN/Legato backups. This user has sysdba privileges.

On a test instance I did a: alter database backup controlfile to trace then I altered MAXDATAFILES and re-created the controlfile.

But then the user ADMRMAN was no longer able to connect as sysdba...

A "more" on the pwd-file showd that ADMRMAN was still in it, but some characters in the pwd-file changed (probably "active" flag or something like that).

Does re-creating the controlfile delete users from the pwd-file?

This is 9.2 on HP-UX 11i.

Thanks,
Helmut