RE: When one can call oneself expert

From: Ellis R. Miller <sartre1_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:51:04 -0600

By the way, this is a valid and true point and my rant is not in reaction to it...although I would add that you might find yourself realizing "they" don't know much of anything other than a little something about 401Ks and mutual funds that might be of benefit to a retarded widow.

A guy at Wells Fargo knew if that from 11am to 5pm officially counted for a full days work according to the HR handbook and I enjoyed doing all or most of his work for 10 months.

And when they notice you are an expert "they," on average, will strive to have you politically assassinated...especially during a recession, gangsters. Look on the bright side, however, those deep-seeded morals and business ethics are just over that next artificial economic boom.

To quote the famous philosopher, Nike, "Just do it."

By the way, do you think I am pretty? Sometimes, I don't feel pretty.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Thomas Day Sent: Jueves, 23 de Diciembre de 2004 06:19 p.m. To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

I find that my best answer is, "I don't know, yet, but I will." I don't have the answer at my fingertips but I do know where in the documentation to look for them (and which mail list to ask if the documentation doesn't have the answer).

I would guess that being seen as an Oracle expert consists of having made all the big mistakes somewhere else and not repeating them on this job.

BTW - I just found out that if you have a Java app querrying your database and you have lazy Java programmers then you'd better use US7ASCII as your character set.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Dec 27 2004 - 17:46:28 CST