Re: JDBC Thin and SQL*Net encryption

From: Richard Ji <richard.c.ji_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:47:29 -0500

It's still possible to do with JDBC thin and Oracle ASO. You will use oracle.net package to set properties and open a DB connection with that properties object.

Like:

Properties props = new Properties();

try {

 props.put("oracle.net.encryption_client", "REQUIRED");
 props.put("oracle.net.encryption_types_client", "RC4_40 ");
 props.put("oracle.net.crypto_checksum_client","REQUESTED");
 props.put("oracle.net.crypto_checksum_types_client", " MD5 ");
 props.put("user", "scott");
 props.put("password","tiger");

} catch (Exception e) { e.printStackTrace(); }

Connection conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@mydbhost:1521:orcl", props);