RE: Statspack (shared pool) memory leak

From: Daniel Wittry <daniel.wittry_at_quest.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:42:36 -0800

Oracle claims to have fixed the leak in 9.2.0.4 and 10g (Bug #3519807). (Mark - you're running 9205 and you confirmed the leak) I reOpened my iTAR and will press them harder this time for a fix. Is anyone on OraDev reading this?

Interesting enough, we traced ADDM and it does not use the x$ksolsfts structure, yet creates a horizontal structure for segment statistics that is deallocated when ADDM exits. Maybe OraDev knows it leaks?

The long and short of it seems to be: when select * from v$segment_statistics is typed, 1400 bytes of shared pool goes poof! That smells bad. Granted, there are cases where we can run the query in a test loop and not leak memory, but it is unpredictable, even on the same instance (and usually does leak).

__that's our findings